I started making daily confessions in February. I was initially just doing it because it was an activity done at a prayer meeting I joined on weekdays.
As I began to see changes and results in my life, it dawned on me that as I make confessions from God’s word, I’m acknowledging His promises over my life and because there’s power in the tongue, what I confess is bound to happen! (Proverbs 18:21)
In April, I signed up for a “Hearing from God” class and it became a daily task for everyone who took the class and I realized as I became more intentional about what I was confessing, it began to sink into my subconscious- I started believing it and then started seeing results in my life.
The whole of April, I made confessions from 1 Corinthians 13 and this chapter is focused on love and I saw that I became more patient with others, less irritable, more understanding and not quick to take offense.
“Give in to God, come to terms with Him and everything will turn out just fine. Let Him tell you what to do; take His words to heart. Come back to God Almighty and He’ll rebuild your life. Clean house of everything evil. Relax your grip on your money and abandon your gold-plated luxury. God Almighty will be your treasure, more wealth than you can imagine.”Job 22:21-25 MSG
For example, I’ll take the scripture above and make confessions from it;
- I believe that great good will come to me because I’m yielded You LORD.
- Today, I’m choosing to surrender all to You and be at peace.
- I’m always at peace because I’m submitted to You!
- I’m able to enjoy life because I listen and obey You.
- I’m acquainted with You LORD. I’m familiar with Your word. Everyday, I look forward to doing what You tell me to do.
- I’m in agreement with You, I’m conformed to Your word. I obey everything You tell me to do.
- I listen to Your instructions, carry them out and remain at peace.
- Because I do all of this, I know I’ll prosper and great good will come to me.
Whatever it is you’re trusting God for right now or are going through, there’s definitely a word you can stand on.
Please find that scripture and make confessions from it till it sinks into your subconscious (till you believe it) and I can assure you’ll definitely see results!