The project Students Meet Graduate was birth out of my desire to ensure that outgoing secondary students are prepared before they begin the next phase of their life as an undergraduate.
Upon my admission as an undergraduate, I had no prior knowledge as to what to expect when I get into the university and this made me make poor choices in several areas of my life in my first year in school. I started developing myself in my 300 Level and because I have not stopped developing myself, I have been able to make better choices that have not just helped me but also people around me.
This is the pilot of this project and it will start with secondary schools in Anambra Central Senatorial Zone, Anambra State. This is my contribution to the community I currently reside. I hope to continue on an annual basis and expand it nationwide and internationally.
The pilot project is tagged A Guide to Life at the University.
The project covers;
- Knowing your Career Path and Goal Setting
- Social and Relationship Matters
- Academic, Health and Spiritual Development
- Financial Responsibility
- Capacity Building
You can watch the pilot project here
COMMUNITY / VOLUNTEER WORK
- CMR Protection Services | December 2019
Created a website for the organization.
- Dust N Drill | November 2019
Created Brand Manuals for the company.
- Prayer Shot | October 2019 – May 2020
Shoot, edit and produce monthly episodes for Armor Bearers Prayer Group.
- The Kingdom TV | September 2019 – Present
Presenter & Producer of The Kingdom Quotes
- Candid Conversations TV | September 2019 – Present
Responsible for creating social media content (graphics &videos)
- Volunteer at Jesus House DC, Promise Kids Bible Club | November 2018 – May 2019
Taught the Stars class 3rd – 5th graders (female) about bible stories and life skills.
- Daily Times Nigeria (Miss Nigeria Beauty Pageant) | December 2017
Produced daily TV episodes on the activities of the Miss Nigeria Beauty Pageant that aired on National Television Authority (NTA) and Waxobia Max (DSTV).
- Volunteer at Spine Communication | Awka, Nigeria: Sep. 2017 – Present
Created a website for the organization
Shot, edited and produced a documentary for the organization’s pig farm
Socia media engagement & promotions for all YouTube channels owned by the organization.
- Volunteer Anambra Broadcasting Service | Awka, Nigeria: September 2017
Worked as assistant production manager onset of a two season TV series production “Ahead Ahead” aimed at enlightening viewers on entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
- Volunteer Tutoring Secondary School Students | Awka, Nigeria: February 2017
Enlightened outgoing secondary school students in Anambra State on life at the university. What to expect, choices to make and how to make best use of their time throughout university days.
- Volunteer on a short film production, IDIA – The Idah War | Benin, Nigeria: October 2016
Worked as continuity / script supervisor on set.
- Volunteer at Anambra Broadcasting Service | Awka, Nigeria: Sep. 2015 – Oct. 2015
Trained News and Programmes department staff in Awka and Onitsha branch offices on Multimedia, Mobile and Social Media Journalism
- Volunteer Tutoring Secondary School Students | Awka, Nigeria May 2015
Enlightened secondary school press club students in my community of residence on Media and Information Literacy.
- Volunteer at Local Orphanage | Awka, Nigeria Mar. 2015 – Apr. 2015
Sourced for sponsors to provide provisions and equipment to meet the needs of the children in the home.
- Volunteer at National Youth Service Corps | Awka, Nigeria Feb. 2015
Enlightened youths in the state on the importance of peace. To vote and not fight in the just concluded elections.
- Volunteer at Wellspring Rehabilitation Centre | Lagos, Nigeria: Dec. 2013 – Present
Responsible for online media engagement, content creation & website management
After Effects | American Graphics Institute, New York City, August 2019
Documentary Scriptwriting | Desktop Documentaries, Maryland, USA, November 2018
Broadcast Journalism | New York Film Academy, New York City, July 2016
Multimedia, Mobile and Social Media Journalism Training | Enugu, Nigeria: Aug. 2015
IPMP Certification | Awka, Nigeria: Dec. 2014
Brand Management Training | Lagos, Nigeria: Nov 2014
Strategy Session and Editorial Policy Workshop | Awka, Nigeria: Sep 2014 – Nov 2014
Certificate in Leadership | Ota, Nigeria : Jun. 2014
Oracle Certification Program Certificate | Ota, Nigeria: Jun. 2012
NIIT Certification | Ogun, Nigeria: Dec. 2008