My boss asked me on Thursday night “Biola, where do you see yourself in 5 years?“.
As I answered him, I was happy I knew where I wanted to be career wise and answering that question gave me the confidence I didn’t realize I needed to continue pursuing that.
Our conversation moved on to my emotional life and he shared a few things that helped me make a strong decision in my emotional life and I’m thankful for that.
- It’s better to have a thousand broken relationships than a broken marriage.
- It’s more than “sweet talk“. Watch his actions. A person cannot pretend forever. You’ll see their fruits with time.
- Ask God to bring a man who will be a good husband to you and a good father to your children.
- The relationship you’re in right now, if that’s not His choice for you, let Him know you’re willing to let go.
- God won’t force you leave or even say anything to you if you still want to be in that relationship.
- If a man wants to be with you, he will chase you and do everything possible to let you know you’re important to him.
- If he keeps making excuses for his lack of communication, he doesn’t respect you.
- I need to go out more and position myself to be found as opposed always staying at home.
I never really placed value on myself when it came to this particular relationship. I overlooked unacceptable behavior because I thought it was rare to find someone who was also willing to honor God with his body and stay away from sexual sin.
Right now, I’m trusting God to write my love story as opposed to going by what I think / feel.
A friend told me today “Biola, God is not constrained by time so don’t settle”.
I hope this helps you if you need a reminder.