Last week was RCCG’s 2019 Youth Convention! I made sure I joined the talk show, praise & worship session, Communion and Holy Ghost Service.
It was themed “His Power and Glory”.
I shared my notes from Pastor Adeboye’s sermon and the prayer points from Friday’s service. You’ll find a link to the full sermon and videos from the convention.
Be blessed as you read through and please make out time to watch the video.
There are two kinds of faith; the power faith and the glory faith.
It is the kind that’s aggressive, miracle working, mountain moving.
1 Corinthians 12:8-11 talks about the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit broken into three categories: vocal gifts, revelation gifts & power gifts. Power faith is active. It can be violent and cannot be stopped!
The story of Jesus healing a Paralytic is an example. His four friends had so much faith that only Jesus could heal him! They didn’t let the crowd stop them. They passed their friend to meet Jesus through the ROOF! (Read Mark 2:1-12).
Power faith is what turned a jungle (The Redemption Camp) to a city that it is today.
It is the kind that is restful, submissive. It’s the kind of faith that is at peace. It’s the kind of faith that says “no matter the storm, relax”. It makes the Christian life enjoyable.
Romans 8:28 “All things work together for good to them that love God”. You believe that God will take care of you no matter what’s happening.
David said “My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!” Psalms 31:15 ESV
We need both the power and glory faith. Peter had both.
- He used both in Acts 3:1-11.
- He used the power faith in Acts 9:46-52.
- He used the glory faith in Acts 12:5-11.
1 Corinthians 12 “covet earnestly the best gifts”. All we need to do is ask God. Personally, I want to be able to spend the rest of my life, never worrying again.
Stop worrying! Your tomorrow will be alright. Jesus said all we need to do is ask. If we ask anything in His name, He will do it. 🙏🏼
Let’s do our part and leave the rest to God and our lives will never remain the same.
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.” John 15:16 ESV
1. Thank the Almighty God that He’s very generous with His blessings.
2. Father, you said faith comes by hearing, I have heard your word, let my faith begin to multiply.
3. Father in the mighty name of Jesus, I command before next week, let all the mountains in my life disappear.
4. Father, the ability to demonstrate your power (in healing the sick, casting out demons, winning souls) deposit in me today.
5. Father I’ve learnt that glory is the opposite of shame, everything that causes shame, remove from my life today.
6. Father, the kind of faith that rests completely in you, immovable, Unshakable, deposit in me today. Let me enjoy the peace of God that passes all understanding from now on.
7. Your Personal Request
You can watch the full sermon —-> here
2019 Youth Convention Videos —-> here