Amy Morin in her book “13 things mentally strong people don’t do” gives tips, exercises and troubleshooting advice on increasing our mental strength which can change our entire attitude:
1. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
“Self pity is easily the most destructive of the non-pharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim form reality” – John Gardner.
2. They don’t give away their power.
“When we hate our enemies, we are giving them power over us; power over our sleep, our appetites, our blood pressure, our health, and our happiness” – Dale Carnegie
3. They don’t shy away from change.
“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t.. It’s that some people are rest to change and others are not” – James Gordon
4. They don’t focus on things they can’t control.
“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them” – Maya Angelou
5. They don’t worry about pleasing everyone.
“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoners” – Lao Tzu.
6. They don’t fear taking calculated risks.
“Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. They don’t dwell on the past.
“We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present” – Marianne Williamson
8. They don’t make the same mistakes over and over.
“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing” – John Powell
9. They don’t resent other people’s success.
“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies” – Nelson Mandela
10. They don’t give up after the first failure.
“Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
11. They don’t fear alone time.
“All man’s miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone” – Blaise Pascal
12. They don’t feel the world owes them anything.
“Don’t go around acting the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was first here” – Robert Jones Burdette
13. They don’t expect immediate results.
“Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success” – Napoleon Hill
Take back your power, embrace change, face your fears and train your brain for happiness and success!
Powerful stuff. I just read on of you post a day. very inspiring, thanks for sharing.