Theme: Flood Gates of Heaven.
Text: 1 John 4:7-11
When you hear of flood gates of heaven, keep these 3 things in mind.
1. Heaven has gates.
2. God seats on floods (Psalm 29:10).
3. He has promised he will release the floods.
God is releasing the flood of love. 1 John 4:8.
What happens when God releases a flood of love?
1. Love first covers nakedness. The love of God urgently goes out to cover nakedness. Nakedness and shame are synonymous. Gen 2:23-25, Adam & Eve were first naked but did not know it because God covered them with his glory. God knows how terrible shame is. God repeated himself in Joel 2:25-27. “My people shall not be ashamed”. Isaiah 54:4 God said it again 3 times in one verse. “I will not be ashamed, I will not be put to shame and I will not be overcome by shame”.
2. Love can neutralize death. Songs of Solomon 8:6. 1 John 3:14 tells us we can move from death to life via love. The story of Lazarus is an example John 11:1-5; 34-37. Love can reverse the irreversible.
3. Love gives the very best. John 3:16 God gave His only begotten son, His very best. Romans 8:32. What else do I want that he won’t give me in addition if he can give His only begotten son? Genesis 29:15-30. 2 Chronicles 1:6-12. The story of Solomon giving a thousand burnt offerings.
2 Samuel 12:24. God loved him and them he set him up to do something nobody else had ever done.
4. Love guarantees total victory. Romans 8:37. *out of great vessels unto honor, I will stand out* Love makes us more than conquerors. Romans 8:31. Psalm 68:1-3. If God loves me, all He has to do is get up and the enemies will begin to scatter. 1Samuel 17:32-51. David was sure of divine love that was why he had the confidence to fight goliath. Isaiah 41:10-13.
5. Love chastens. Hebrews 12:5-6.Revelations 3:19. Proverbs 29:15. Hosea 4:17; 5:9. Whenever you are doing something wrong and God is not correcting you, you are in danger.
You can’t say you love somebody and let him go to hell. Tell everyone you know that they must come to the God of love. If you haven’t given your life to Christ, it means you are wasting the love He has deposited in you.
The word says give and you shall be given and God’s word is forever settled. “We take offerings to get you out of poverty”. If I meet the conditions for a formula to work, it will work. The bible teaches when you give money to the work of God you are laying up your treasures in heaven.
If you attend the redeemed Christian church of God, daddy G.O has instructed that whenever offering is being taken and you’re not sure of your salvation, don’t give. Why are you sending money to heaven when you’re not going there?
Have you fully surrendered to Christ ? You can join the service 6pm daily till the 12th of December via http://www.rccg.org if you can’t make it to camp.
Have a great day.