Had a couple of meetings last week so I learned things almost everyday that I really want to hold on to.
From Pastor Ghandi Olaoye, I learned that;
- God is most interested in our spirit and soul because that’s what outlives us and controls our body as our spirit is who we are.
- The soul is where we have our emotions, will, intellect and desires. The body is where sin dwells.
- If our spirit is dormant, our soul listens to our flesh. If our spirit is alive (this happens when we accept christ), through the Holy Spirit, our spirit will then control our body.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is to empower us because no man can fight sin without Him.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in us produces the fruits of the spirit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- We have to crucify our flesh If not, it will continue to pull us down. We have to do this deliberately – feed our soul with spiritual things.
- If you want your soul to change, you have to continue to expose it to the word of God.
From Pastor Wale Odusanya, I learned that;
- The best a man can do is man’s best. Trust God instead.
- If I think people will call me crazy because of the things I’m doing for God or how I’ve become, that’s when I should go all out. For me, it’s to keep sharing videos about my faith and things I’m learning.
- If I get called to oversee something or assigned a task by my department head or pastor, don’t see it as I’m doing it for whoever asked me to if not, I’ll be disappointed or get upset whenever they do something wrong but see it as work unto God.
Leave a Reply