Text: Psalm 128:1-6 NIV
“Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the Lord. May the Lord bless you from Zion; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. May you live to see your children’s children— peace be on Israel.”
And Matthew 5:1-11
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”
The blessings of the Lord maketh rich. For as many will believe him will receive the blessings. The blessings of the Lord signifies the authority to receive from him.
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” - Ephesians 1:3 NIV
“Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”” – Luke 1:45 NIV
“Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord.” – Psalm 119:1 NIV
The key of faith opens the door of blessings.
Who can be a man of blessing ?
1. Blessed are those poor in spirit
Those that do not depend on man, do not think so high of themselves and do not depend on themselves.
2. Blessed are those who mourn over sin and the loss of Gods glory. “When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven.” – Nehemiah 1:4 NIV
3. Blessed are the meek. The meek shall eat and be satisfied. They’ll have abundance of peace.
4. Blessed are those who thirst and hunger after righteousness. “Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.” – Psalm 32:1 NIV
5. Blessed are the merciful. “They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing.” – Psalm 37:26 NIV
6. Blessed are the pure in heart. You can be the dispenser of righteousness. “They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior.” – Psalm 24:5 NIV
7. Blessed are the peace makers. They are the sons of God.
8. Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness sake for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Psalm 84v12
9. Blessed is he that trusts in God. Both small and great He will bless them that trust in him. “he will bless those who fear the Lord — small and great alike.” – Psalm 115:13 NIV
10. Blessed are those who are a light in darkness
11. Blessed are those that are obedient. “Be careful to obey all these regulations I am giving you, so that it may always go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and right in the eyes of the Lord your God.” – Deuteronomy 12:28 NIV
Get away from your comfort zone. Go with Jesus. He will make a way for you. The activation of Gods blessings is tied to obedience to the word of God.